Fairfield Park is a growing neighbourhood with a combination of single family homes and many multi-family apartments and condominiums. Many of the multi-family units are home to students attending the University of Manitoba. We do not have a volunteer residents group for the neighbourhood, but we have many engaged residents that I’ve been working on multiple issues and projects over the past four years.
- Secured land, initial funding & planning underway to construct recreation campus in South West Winnipeg
- Installing traffic calming on Lee Blvd (Fall 2018)
- Upgrading seating at playstructure / park on Keslar Blvd. (Fall 2018)
- Secured Colby Ave drainage upgrades ( from Barnes St to Shore St – 2018 construction season)
- Multiple traffic studies underway for Keslar Blvd (stop signs, traffic calming & parking regulations)
- Engaging & community building with area residents & South East Collegiate students & staff
Further details of these accomplishments and other activities I’ve been working on in Fairfield Park can be found at: http://janicelukes.ca/your-neighbourhood/fairfield-park/
These are key issues and projects in Fairfield Park that I believe we should be focusing on going forward:
- Continuing to focus on traffic calming and traffic issues in Fairfield Park. Until Bison Dr. connects to Kenaston Blvd, there will be vehicles using the neighbourhood as a ‘cut through’ to access Super Store, Pembina Hwy, Bairdmore Blvd. & Bison Dr.
- Continue to strengthen & build on relationships with area residents & Southeast Collegiate students & staff
- Ensuring ongoing proactive ‘Safety & Crime Prevention’ education opportunities
- Constructing a new recreation facility in Waverley West Neighbourhood B
PLEASE fill out the survey on this page and tell me what ISSUES or PROJECTS in Fairfield Park YOU want to see ACTION on in next four years. I will provide a summary of submissions and what I’ve heard ‘at the door’ for you to review in early October.