Janice was raised on a third-generation family farm in Manitoba’s Interlake and has made Winnipeg her home for 40 years. Her passion to learn about different lifestyles and cultures has taken her travelling around the world. She’s explored Nepal, India, Malaysia, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Thailand, Vietnam, Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Hawaii, Japan, Costa Rica, the Caribbean, England, Canada from coast to coast and much of the United States of America.
Janice was self-employed for over 25 years, and prior to being elected to City Council, she was an infrastructure fund development consultant for a multitude of organizations. She has been recognized for her commitment to community with the following acknowledgements:
- Queen Elizabeth II Golden Jubilee Award
- President’s Council Award Manitoba School Board Association
- Manitoba Premier’s Volunteer Service Award
- YMCAWYCA Women of Distinction Award
- Active and Safe Routes to School – School Champion Award
Janice and her husband Richard are the proud parents of 16 year old triplet boys, and occupy their leisure time hanging out with ‘the boys’.