Waverley West Neighbourhood B
Residents living in this area are truly the ‘long term’ residents of our neighbourhoods. Residents have lived here long before the development of Waverley West was even considered! Farmland, homesteads and rural life still exists along Lee Blvd and Cadboro. But things are changing. The area is currently going through a secondary planning process that will provides policy direction on how land is to be developed (ie: location of roads, water and sewer pipes, parks, residential and commercial areas, schools and recreation complex sites, etc.)
Recreation Campus is moving forward:
- Formation of South Winnipeg Action Team (SWAT) with broad community representation guiding overall recreation campus development process,
- 20 acres of raw farmland land secured,
- Planning of roads, underground services, drainage, sewer and water is occurring,
- Site plan design of campus incorporating two new schools is occurring in partnership with Province of Manitoba,
- $12 Million secured to leverage additional funding from Provincial and Federal government funding programs.
Elementary and High School is moving forward:
- Collaborated with Province of Manitoba, Pembina Trails School Division, and area residents to lift the building permit restrictions to enable the construction of a new elementary and high school
Formal Secondary Planning Process is moving forward:
- Planning of roads, underground services, drainage, sewer and water is occurring, The planning process is enabling very good opportunities to meet with land owners to discuss issues and concerns.
- Complete details on the secondary planning process can be viewed here: https://winnipeg.ca/ppd/PublicEngagement/WaverleyWestB/default.stm
I encourage residents to fill out the survey on this page if you wish, but am well aware that we are in constant contact during this secondary planning process.