It’s been a great pleasure to have helped facilitate the formation of the unbelievably dedicated and committed volunteers of the Bridgwater Trails Neighbourhood Association (BTNA) and to be working with residents on so many issues and projects to make our neighbourhood stronger, safer, and a great place to live, work and play! Bridgwater Trails is the ‘newest’ development in the Neighbourhoods of Bridgwater and is growing every day! See a high level overview of our key accomplishments these past four years.
- Facilitated formation of Bridgwater Trails Neighbourhood Association
- Secured land, initial funding & planning underway to construct recreation campus in South West Winnipeg
- Collaborated with BTNA to provided strong advocacy for the construction of TWO new schools (elementary and high school)
- Working with BTNA to learn from other (Forest / Lakes) neighbourhood issues
- Initiated installation of Trailhead Community News Board by playstructure
- Facilitating a ‘Community Adopts a Park’ strategy with residents to enable a high level of care & maintenance
- Providing ongoing local community funding, support and promotion of community building events (Treats at Trails / Spring Clean Ups / Fall Festival, etc.)
- Collaborating with BTNA on Centre Street commercial development opportunities
- Hosted variety of educational forums on maintenance issues, Brady Resource Management Centre, safety & crime prevention, composting, etc.
Further details of these accomplishments and other activities I’ve been working on in Bridgwater Trails can be found at: http://janicelukes.ca/your-neighbourhood/bridgwater-trails/
These are key issues and projects in Bridgwater Trails that I believe we should be focusing on going forward:
- Bridgwater Trails parks & greenspace maintenance is currently still the responsibility of the developer, but we must ensure a high standard of maintenance when the handoff to the City occurs
- Traffic calming locations have been identified & devices need to be installed in 2019
- Ensuring ongoing proactive ‘Safety & Crime Prevention’ education opportunities
- Optimizing transit access to new Rapid Transit corridor
- Constructing a new recreation facility in Waverley West Neighbourhood B
- Planning & constructing a Fire Hall to service Waverley West neighbourhoods
- Providing ongoing local community funding, support and promotion of community building events
PLEASE fill out the survey on this page and tell me what ISSUES or PROJECTS in Bridgwater Trails YOU want to see ACTION on in next four years. I will provide a summary of submissions and what I’ve heard ‘at the door’ for you to review in early October.
Bridgwater Trails Neighbourhood Association
Thank you to the volunteers and residents who run the Bridgwater Trails Neighbourhood Association!